A few weeks ago we went to Leavenworth for a day trip - mostly to buy apples for applesauce, but also to see the fall foliage. Little did we know that we'd end up watching the Octoberfest parade in "downtown" Leavenworth. Also little did we know that we would bring home more pounds of fruit than we have pounds of children (72 vs. 67.) The applesauce making was fun, but messy, and I'm not sure we did it right. We'll see as we open the 17 jars over the winter. But I've learned a few things to do differently, should I ever feel like doing this again - most importantly, just do it all in one day, so you can clean up once and be done.
Kids showing off the apples they picked at the farm stand.
We still have 15ish lbs of apples in our fridge - I see some pies and baked stuffed apples in our near future... since I've already made apple crisp and 4 loaves of apple bread.
Other recent adventures include a trip to Ballard Locks to see the Salmon (all one of her/him) and the boats. The kids were really interested in watching the boats be tied up to the sides of the lock, and the water fill it up like the bathtub.
3 comments:
The locks are a favorite of ours!
Are you making fun of Leavenworth that it's "downtown" isn't that big? :)
Very cool :-) Applesauce, apple crisp, etc - yum yum! Good advice - to do it all in one day.
Fun family adventures :) Lots of memory-making!!!
Ok Martha Stewart!!! I'll be expecting to be tasting some of these tasty treats! Cute photos.
Post a Comment