Sunday, April 19, 2009

Easter

Here is Easter at our house...


This is the first year the kids have participated in egg dying. It went better than expected. No new stains on the floor or cabinets (at least that I have found yet!) They really liked it, and would have been happy to do more eggs (we did 15 or so.) We only cracked one while dying them. I forgot to get out the stickers, or do the egg wrappers, so we'll save those for next year!

The kids in their Easter finest. After taking these pictures, I realized that they both had food on their faces. So don't look too closely!


I had to include this one, because of G's pose. What is she doing, practicing her high school prom picture for 1987?

After Auntie and Uncle M arrived, G put Auntie straight to work writing her name. And then gave a discourse on multi-colored pencils and their various properties.


Ready to go outside and hunt for eggs. It was rainy so the Easter bunny tried to hide the eggs in dry, easy to find spots. Our egg hunt lasted less than 10 minutes.


Showing off their eggs. We used a combination of dyed eggs and decorated wood eggs, which we now reuse each year. Seems less wasteful. It also allows us to combine holidays, as some of the wood eggs have halloween stickers.

The Easter bunny brought S a new Lego Agents set. S built it right away, with a little help.

Auntie and Uncle M brought photos of their recent trip to NZ to share. The kids loved looking at all the wildlife, especially the one with the egg on M's head. We loved having the afternoon with our extended family and seeing the kids love for their Aunt and Uncle. Thanks for coming out in the rain to celebrate with us!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

How fun! I love the kids in their finest--so cute. And a little tip--the stickers and wraps never work so just throw them away. Or save the stickers for a quiet time activity :)

The Siple Family said...

Your sister looks allot like you. I have never seen a picture of her and in some of the pictures I had to look hard to see if that was you or her.