
We make a chain of links to hang on the pantry door for Advent. Each day one of the kids gets to cut a link, until Christmas morning when we cut the last one. S and G really enjoy this way of counting down the days until Christmas.

Our annual Christmas tree choosing outing. The kids love to play hide and seek among the trees here. I used to fret over that - but have now realized that it makes it much easier for J and I to choose a tree, since S and G are busy. This is the tree we chose.

We started a new tradition this year - "secret giver." We made cookies and took them to several friends homes, but did a doorbell ditch at each house. J and S dressed up in dark clothes to be harder to see in the dark. I drove the getaway vehicle, and we each had a secret agent number too. It was great fun!

G reading S's baby book with Granddad. My parents came for a visit for the week before Christmas. S and G really enjoyed all their grandparent time.

Decorating sugar cookies. I tried a new approach this year - each kid got two cookies and their own small bowl of icing, plus sprinkles. And then they could eat their cookies! I decorated the rest of the cookies to keep the germ sharing to a minimum.
1 comment:
you have so cute and lovely children god bless them
Post a Comment