Friday, May 16, 2008

Happy Chompo to Me...

We're having a beautiful day today - sunny, warm, almost too warm, but after our cold, cloudy spring it almost doesn't matter. So in celebration of this nice day, S's bedroom window is open during quiet time. And the kitchen window is open too. So I can hear him, as he is upstairs, in his room, happily yelling out the window, "Happy Chompo to me, Happy chompo to me, Happy chompo to S, Happy Chompo to me!" If you aren't familiar with this song, you should read A Birthday for Frances, or Best Friends for Frances. (I can't remember which one it is from.)

S started with "Beep, beep, coming through! Thank you!" But after a few verses of Happy Chompo, he has managed to attract the attention of our neighbor, and is yelling down to her in her yard, relating stories of camping last weekend with Dad. Yelling out the window - I've never tried this as a diversionary tactic before, but it seems quite successful today for keeping S in his room for quiet time.

1 comment:

Simon Tribe -ooh ha haa said...

I can't stop chuckling to myself. Oh.... oh, boy. That was good. And now I want to know your quirks, so I tag you too! I was originally only gonna tag out-of-towners, but you were the first to read my updated blog :) Thanks!