Several months ago, I posted here and here about a shopping outing with S and G where one of our purchases was "pirate treasure." We continue to play with these rolls of ribbon, with the plastic covering still on. But today, one of the rolls of pirate treasure will have to be unwrapped, and the ribbon taken off the roll. S was having a snack and eating a cheese stick. For some reason, he stuffed some of his cheese into the middle of my treasure and then fussed that he could not get it out. By the time I discovered what had happened (since I thought the "my cheese is stuck" comments referred to the wrapper,) the cheese was in several somewhat wet small balls stuck inside the cardboard. I managed to fish out the larger ones, but the small pieces are hopelessly stuck inside the pirate treasure.
I wanted to be mad - I mean really, who sticks somewhat eaten mangled balls of cheese inside a roll of ribbon? But at the same time the craziness of this just overwhelmed me - all I could say was "what am I going to do with you?" So the ribbon must come off, because there is no way that I can keep it on the roll, it will stink any minute now!
No comments:
Post a Comment