Friday, June 6, 2008

New Family Members... and other miscellany

So we've added some family members lately. Before you think too much, I'll explain. S has decided that his two favorite stuffed animals, Austin (the red dragon) and Baby Bear are now his sons. He hasn't yet announced who their mother is. And G has decided that her three favorite bedtime friends are now her sisters - Pink Cat, Pig, and Baby. But she is having a crisis about "Who is baby's mother?" S and I suggested to her that she could be Baby's mother, or I could be, but both of those were entirely unsatisfactory (picture small child holding up her thumb and forefinger, other fingers folded in, hand waving, while she says "needuh uh dose!" (neither of those) as emphatically as possible. She does enjoy carrying her sisters around in a small basket, bringing them with her for teeth brushing, pajama choosing, etc.

In other news this week, we had a great visit with my Mom. We watched S at swimming lessons, where he is becoming more proficient at getting his face wet with no whining. I think this is what Pre 1 is all about. We visited the aquarium this week, where the favorite activities were watching the diver (G) and riding the elevator (S.) Second favorites were the seahorses and the giant shark hanging from the ceiling. G also loved the seals. S loved the movie about the orcas breaching. The aquarium was packed with school groups so we didn't visit all our favorites (the glow in the dark fish, all the seahorses, etc.)

We had hoped to spend lots of time playing outside, but the weather just didn't cooperate - 55 and raining is too cold for me to visit the park. We did get a brief window of good weather for chalk drawing out front, and we learned that a neighbor girl (4 1/2) is very interested in playing with S! And Mom and S played baseball outside in the rain. But otherwise, kind of an inside week.

I finished reading Three Cups of Tea, and loved it. I highly recommend it, it was amazing to realize what one person can accomplish with a lot of hard work. And to learn how desperate for education many children are, as well as what a difference it can make in their lives.

In baking news this week, I made the dough for cottage cheese pufflets, but haven't baked them yet. But I did make Choco-Nana bread (chocolate banana.) Super yummy, but when I eat too much, I feel my heart racing from the chocolate! I'm debating Key Lime Pie this weekend - I'm in the mood for it, but the weather seems too cold.

I'm sure I have some pics to post, but as I'm on the new computer, I haven't worked through all the photo uploading, editing, and posting details, so those will come later.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

maybe sagie will now have company when it comes to bringing purses/baskets to church filled with who knows what! It's so different with girls. I never went through this with the boys...fun fun fun!

Mom-entarily Out of Order said...

Can I borrow Three Cups of Tea from you? There is a MASSIVE waiting list at the library.