Well I've officially joined the world of mom bloggers now - I've been "tagged" (twice actually) and am going to actually participate. I recognize that this is the modern equivalent of a chain letter, but oh well... for all my Snoqualmie friends who blog and tag, this is for you!
The rules of tagging are to first link to who tagged you - Rebecca and Jen. List these rules. And then list 6 quirks of mine. And then tag 6 more...
So six quirks:
1. I actually like listening to some of my kids music - current favs are Putumayo French Playground, Baila Latin Dance Party and Frances England Fascinating Creatures. Yes, you'll catch me singing along, and I don't even switch the CD when I'm in the car alone. I'm looking to add some Mary Poppins tunes to the mix.
2. I could live on Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate covered pretzels. Thanks to Paige for introducing them to me. A bag doesn't last long in my house - and I don't share. Picture me hiding in the pantry eating them while S and G play (or argue - some things can wait for chocolate covered pretzels.) Clearly, I can not do regular grocery shopping at TJ's - too dangerous for me!
3. I keep a bowl on my counter for food scraps that can go in the yard waste bin. It's not the most appealing decorating choice, but we save a ton of stuff out of the garbage this way - banana peels, watermelon rinds, corn cobs, grape stems, peach pits and all those paper towels. In Snoqualmie, we can include fruit and veggie waste and bread - but no dairy or meat products. And I'm totally psyched about this.
4. I can unload my dishwasher in 5 minutes flat. And I know this because I often set the timer and race to beat the clock. If I've set the timer, I can be a bit annoyed if interrupted while racing. On a good day I can unload and reload in 7-8 minutes. Why do I time myself? Because I dislike this chore, and timing is a good motivational tool. Which just made me realize that I should time myself doing a lot of other things too - cleaning bathrooms, mopping the floor, etc. I already use the "race the clock" method for laundry folding as well.
5. I agonize over what quirks to list here. What is quirky enough, without sounding totally insane? I mean I know I am a bit insane, but I don't want all of you knowing that too! I've agonized so much that this post has taken me more than a week.
6. I can't be out in my yard with my kids without weeding something. It's like a strange compulsion. I know I should be playing with S and G - frisbee, chalk, baseball, etc. But it is as if the weeds call to me, they must be pulled. I'm not even wearing garden gloves, and the little piles of weeds don't always make it in the yardwaste bin right away as I usually get interrupted... but regardless, weed I must. (this does not mean that my yard looks all that great, 5 minutes of weeding a day doesn't quite finish the job!)
As for 6 more to tag, all the bloggers I know have been tagged, so family members without blogs - go make your own list to share with someone!
1 comment:
We just discovered BioBags, biodegradable trash bags that can go into the yard waste bin. Handy for food scraps.
Post a Comment