Do you remember your parents pointing out the crazy lady who went out of her house in her housecoat and slippers? There was one who lived across the street from my Grandmother's house when I was a kid, and I learned from an early age that this was not an appropriate outfit to wear outside the house.
Well, now I'm the one wearing PJs outside. Friday morning S asked me where his paint with water pictures were...the ones he did the night before with a friend... that when he last saw them were drying all over our kitchen(since there were about 12 of them.) I kindly explained that they had been recycled by Daddy, (since Daddy was already at work for this conversation.) S immediately became distraught, and so the kids and I put on shoes with our PJs, and went out in our alley so I could dig through the recycling garbage can to see what I could find before the garbage trucks came.
I was in luck - after much searching, one measly picture miraculously floated to the top of the recycling heap. I was saved! And the picture is now proudly hung on S's bedroom wall. And if I'm really lucky, none of the neighbors witnessed this.
No comments:
Post a Comment