Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The rest of December part 2

A continuation of the previous post with other December activities...

making glittery collages which we then turned into bookmarks for teacher gifts (this was a very messy project - glitter, glitter glue, food coloring to dye white glue red and green. Next year something different!)


seeing the performing pigs (J, S & G went to this while I went to the Nutcracker)

making sugared curried pecans for our friends and family I made the tree skirt (finally, and it isn't really done, but it is usable now.) No picture but imagine a large red felt double layered circle, with our last name stitched on it. Velcro closure and top stitching yet to come - probably in January!

and the Falls, covered in frost and ice.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Wow, the falls are so pretty. I heard about your Tree skirt too. I hope I get to see it sometime. Merry Christmas.

The Siple Family said...

Your tree skirt is amazing!

Melanie said...

Ooohh--love the picture of the falls. You and your family do the best activities together. Thanks for the inspiration.

Jennie said...

Susannah and Jared - we just received your Christmas letter today. I'm so excited to learn you have a blog. We are bloggers as well. We are can't wait to read about all the fun things that keep you busy. Bekah told me about her blog as well. Make sure and let us know if any other Gus' join in on the action. Your family is adorable and your Christmas pic was just darling. The kids are adorable! Oh and I found out one of my friends from HS, Steve Olson, is in your ward. Boy, the world is small. Take care and I'm sure I'll pop in on you again. Love you! Jennie Gus