Tuesday, March 31, 2009

LEGO Store

Saturday morning I let J have the house to himself, and took the kiddos to the mall. Not the nearby outlet mall with the rides, but the big mall, with the LEGO store. S has been asking to go there for months, so when I announced our plan, he was thrilled! S and G brought their allowance bags (they keep their money in Ziploc bags,) and I promised that if they were cooperative while I tried on clothes, then we could go visit their Mecca, Lego store.

Since neither child opened the dressing room door while I was changing, and G only stuck her head out under the door once, they earned their reward. (It helped that we only went to one store for me, and they each had a snack to eat.) The Lego store was packed with kids, all negotiating with their parents on how large a Lego set would be purchased, plus a few odd-looking random single guys. We toured the whole store, examining each of the options - City, Star Wars, Power Miners, Bionicles, etc. G easily decided on filling a bucket with the Legos of her choice (and I fit a few wheels and useful components in there.) S finally decided on a Power Miners set - well under his $15 budget, but fine with me.

They carefully held their new toys for the car ride home, and opened them as soon as we walked inside. Literally - picture legos all over the floor just inside the back door, mixed up with just-shed shoes and coats. G can make a truck and an airplane out of hers, and S is now studying the other power miners toys to see what he wants to buy next. I felt like such a nice mom, as we walked through the mall, each kid carrying their own Lego bag. This was a nice treat for them, and for J, since he had the house to himself for 3 hours!

I took pictures on my phone, but haven't managed to get them off yet, so maybe I'll add the photos later.

1 comment:

Bekah said...

Fun times at the mall. Jason has been begging me for more big legos this week. Wish we had a Lego store.

Nowadays we have to do reverse bribery to get Bryce to the mall: "We only have to go to two stores, then we'll come straight home, but I NEED you to try on all the clothes before I buy them." Guys can be such a pain to shop for.