We had a little outing this morning. We went to our favorite indoor mall, with rides, a fabric store, and Old Navy. Something for the kids, something for me. The kids were so excited. First stop, fabric store. I needed a few small things - interfacing for placemats I'm hoping to make, little plastic rings for curtain tiebacks, some binding tape for placemats, etc. S and G are looking at all the fun colors. They decide that all the packages of binding tape and rick-rack are actually flat fruit! G finds rick-rack in a rainbow color that she just must have. I'm happy to buy craft items for them, I figure someday we will use them. S finds a bin of organdy ribbon that is on sale, and carefully selects four rolls. I don't think he even knows what it really is, but he says it is pirate treasure. Great! 4 rolls of pirate treasure purchased. I can't wait to see what he does with it.
So after the craft store we stop at Old Navy and then ride the exciting and cheap (25 cents) rides. A train, a horse, a car and a carousel. And then S suggests we get ice cream (he recognizes the Cold Stone store from a visit with Dad many months ago.) He then says we need to have a healthy lunch to have ice cream. I thought, sure! I've never taken both kids out to eat by myself, but this is a foodcourt, and there are lots of other families, so what the heck. We find the grill with hot dogs and grilled cheese sandwiches (I almost talked S into a "pocket sandwich" aka spanikopita or piroshky, but no luck.) Everyone loved eating out and watching the people go by. And by the time we finished lunch, S decided he'd rather have ice cream at dinner (can you say TIRED?) so we happily came home. I tried to keep them awake in the car, but G fell asleep less than 10 minutes from home. And so now, on to the nap story here.
She is in her bed, talking away, not napping, since she had such a great nap in the car! Great quotes I've heard on the monitor:
"Ouch, you hurting me!" (Said to who? Which stuffed animal is hurting her?)
"Truck, come back!" (She can hear the big trucks that periodically go down our street)
She's also playing peekaboo with various animals. "I found duck! I found cat!"
And S is sleeping. The February ear infections seem to be lingering just enough to keep him tired.
What a nice rainy day morning we had. Now to decide about the afternoon.
No comments:
Post a Comment