Saturday, November 6, 2010

What color is his parachute?

Baby J is having a hard time deciding on his future career. Maybe a plumber, "yes, ma'am, your tub faucet works just fine - on, off, on, off, see here, you just keep doing this, and it goes on and off, on and off. And yes this shower looks just fine, at least when I sit on the floor of it. Now let me try banging on the side of the tub - sounds sturdy to me. Now if you'd just let me check out those toilets..."

and then he wants to be an army ranger..."oh I see, the secret base of weapons (dishwasher) has mysteriously opened again. If I'm silent and speedy, that mom won't notice me coming... oh darn, she saw me... ooh but the pantry is open, and I can look for clues in the recycling....oh darn, she closed that too. Good thing I know how all these knobs work -- if I pull hard enough, something will open and I can dig through it."

When that gets boring, he switches to his third choice - moving company. "Now you see here, this laundry basket is in the wrong location, I'll just move it a few feet over here, aah much better. Your chairs all need to be gathered together, let me take care of that for you. And these books on the shelves, well we'll need to unload those shelves to get everything packed up, you won't mind if I just throw them behind me, will you?"

If none of those work out, he could be a professional audience member - he laughs at all jokes, funny or not, claps whenever he is pleased, and will play peek-a-boo with you until the cows come home.

4 comments:

writersblogk said...

Thanks for sharing this! You brought a smile to my face and I got to relive those delightful (and hard work) years of having a toddler in the house!

The Siple Family said...

great post!

pat said...

Glad to catch up on the doings of the kids! J is just getting cuter and cuter, and i can't believe how big S and G are getting. I saw rebecca's photos that she did for you; your kids are so cute! I laughed about the career choices---that is one busy little dude you have there. Glad to see that S&G have great imaginations...it must be fun to eavesdrop on their play.

Simon Tribe -ooh ha haa said...

Professional audience member! Love it! You are so funny :o)