Sunday, September 2, 2012

Helfy Dinner and Bwing Tars


From April ish 2012: Baby J has entered the awesome quotes stage.  Tonight at 7:45pm, after baths and toothbrushing, he returns to the dinner table, because no one ever cleared his plate.  When I tried to convince him to it was time for stories he angrily yelled, "I finish my helfy dinner!"

Whenever someone is leaving the house, "I tum too!" (he doesn't say the hard C sound yet, so its always a T.)  We also love when he resignedly says O-tay with the cutest little pout.

He loves to splash in the tub.  His preferred method is to stand up and then plop down to sitting.  This morning he spent a long time practicing in our bed.  I 'plash Daddy!  I 'plash Daddy!  Daddy was trying to sleep in, but no luck.

He must give S and G hugs and kisses before bed.  Every night, sometimes multiple times.  "Say doodnight to S and G?" (also can't say the hard G sound.  Sometimes its D, like dorilla, other times its Ch, or V - which is the first letter of G's name as he says it.)

He loves to play Go Fish.  Every day.  Many times.  Momma, do you have a tow? (cow)  or No momma, do fish.  He has learned a bunch of new animals - narwhal, iguana (although he says idwana,) umbrella bird, and yak to name a few.

He is finally learning some colors.  At the grocery store, he wants the bwoo milk.  (I think he likes the cow picture on the blue carton better than the red carton.)  And he has a favorite bag boy, Nick.  We pull into the store parking lot and he starts asking, "See Nit?  See Nit?"  While we shop he says "I wost (lost) Nit!  Where Nit go?"  And then when we see him at the checkout J says, "I found Nit!"

Other funny things about J:  He loves his cars. They come everywhere with us.  They play in the flowerpots in the backyard and get covered in dirt.  They swim in the buckets to get "rinsed" off.  They go in the bathtub or sit by the sink to watch the bath.  They are parked on the bookshelf before bedtime.  Before we leave the house, "Bwing tars!"


No comments: