She loved her new bike (tricycle) and her pink helmet. But her favorite gifts were the large pink bouncy ball from Sam, and the baby bottles to feed her baby doll. As for the other gifts, well here's how it went. Pink backpack? Yeah, whatever. Doll with clothes to change? "Too loud" (Hunh? The doll does not make any noise!) New books? Okay, let's read those. No wait, I'd rather play with my ball! Sweet handmade apron from Grandmother? "No apron!" So she's opinionated, but easy to please. Good to know. She loved her pink cupcakes, but only really wanted to eat the icing. And after she finished her frosting, she wanted to trade the licked clean cupcake for a new one with more frosting! ("I want nudda cupcake.") G was even happy to let S open her presents, while she played ball.
But don't worry about all that pink, she's not too girly! Thursday we took the new bike and scooter outside for a ride to the park. When we got back we played in our yard for awhile. G's favorite backyard activities are digging for worms, touching the worms, and then moving shovels full of dirt to different spots. She even wanted to hold a worm this time. I'm hoping to get the kids some flowers and seeds of their own to plant, water, and tend this year (see other post.) S also wants to have a vegetable garden. I think we'll have lots of chances to find worms all summer.
Before the pictures, some random quotes. S: "When it is raining, and I can't sleep or hear the still small voice, I will play crashing carkempfs." Me: "Crashing carkins?" S: "No, crashing carKEMPF." Me: "Is that German?" S: "Yes. And in French it is (something something, muttered unintelligibly.)"
And G: "Dah Vaduh is watching me." Me: "The lady is watching you?" (I'm thinking, " is there some lady looking through our window?") S: "She said that Darth Vader is watching her." Me: "Ohhh. Well, yes he is." (small 2 inch DV toy is indeed sitting in the family room, facing G at the table during lunch)

No comments:
Post a Comment