In November I had a huge list of projects to work on and baking to do in the holiday season. So that I can look back and remember, here is the list from the past two months. (I have to admit I'm somewhat impressed by the number of projects I've worked on and baking I did. Some of the projects are even completed... and all of the baking is eaten. I guess that's what can happen when I stop reading blogs and actually do something valuable with my time!) Here's my list:
Projects:
- Stitched cards - left over from Super saturday, but I've now made 15 or so and am done. Nice to know I can do this if and when I want, but I'm not planning to do it again soon.
- Tree skirt - made a pattern, cut and pieced it. Used it for Christmas, and am almost done with the top stitching. Then the velcro and it will be done.
- Fabric covered boards - two of these done, both now hanging and in use.
- Smock for G - made, just need to attach snaps (after buying a better snap attacher - the first one did not work at all.)
- S quilt - Since Halloween I've pieced the entire top! Now to pin and quilt it.
- G hairclip holder - made a pattern, mocked it up, now to finish the final one.
- Kids canvases - painted, and hung up in the playroom.
New projects being contemplated:
- Happy Birthday banner. (fabric purchased!)
- G cordoroy jumpers (need to find or make a pattern for these.)
- Christmas quilt - I have the pattern but no fabric yet, and will wait until summer to start.
- Curtains for G's room - might take a curtain making class.
- Christmas scrapbook - I have supplies, but need to print pics.
- Baby books for the kids - S's needs finishing touches, G's needs to be done.
- S curtain tiebacks - started these a long time ago. Need to finish them.
- Magnets from Super Saturday (I have the supplies, but haven't made them.)
- Any suggestions??
Baking done:
English Toffee bars
Gingerbread people (and more and more)
Curried Pecans (an unending stream)
Chocolate banana bread
Mexican Swizzle Sticks
Peppermint Cheesecake Brownies
Sugar cookies
Elf cookies
Cranberry apple pie
Coin Cake
Yeast rolls
Didn't get to:
Spumoni bars
Candy cane cookies
Chocolate/cherry cookies
J's Mom's 7 layer brownies
Pecan pie
For the baking - I made a list in November of everything I wanted to bake during the holidays, and I liked having the list - it was easier to look at it and pick something off it when I was in a baking mood. The downside was that I baked (and ate) a lot. Next year I want to do a non-sweets neighbor and friend gift, to reduce the calories produced in this house. I have a few ideas...
No comments:
Post a Comment