Friday, January 9, 2009

Headed down South...

Before all the flooding we had a brief and fun trip to Oregon to visit J's brother and his family. It was great to see them, and to get the kids together. S and G love their Oregon cousins, and were so excited to see them. And the cousins were wonderful hosts. S got to play Legos and Lego computer games with B, who is 10. G got to play tea party (and play tea party and play tea party) with C, her 12 yr old cousin. And we got to chat with the grownups and our very grown up 15yr old niece D. We wish they lived closer, so we could see them more often, and have the nieces babysit too!
We really appreciated how generous B,C, and D were in sharing their things and playing with our younger kids. What great examples, and marvelous kids those cousins are!

The elaborate tea party that C set up, and G was happy to play with for a LONG time.


The girls.


All 5 of the happy kids.

PS - I finally posted something about Christmas, scroll down to see it.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

How fun to be able to get together with the G cousins. I'm glad you have at least one family member living some what close to you. The pics of the flood are amazing. My mom has a sister that lives in Redmond. We visted her a few years ago and were able to stop by and see the falls. I can really appreciate what massive amounts of water you guys must be dealing with. I can just feel the spray hitting us from the viewing platform. I hope everyone stays safe. Let us know if anyone else in the family has a blog. We do know about Bekah.